top of page

Together Against Poverty Society



Our legal advocacy projects provide help with income assistance and disability matters, residential tenancy disputes, and employment standards complaints. Our Volunteer Disability Advocate Project (VDAP) provides assistance with the application for provincial disability benefits, and our tax project helps with the filing of income tax. Please note: At present, we are only accepting tax filings by way of drop off for those who have or know the amounts on their T-slips. If you'd like help filing your taxes please drop by our office during open hours (see below), and we can provide you with a tax package to complete. 

TAPS does not assist with applications for income assistance or federal disability. 



Due to COVID-19, a few things have changed at our office:

  • Thursday Tax Clinics at the TAPS office have been postponed until further notice.

  • We are open for walk-up clients, but we may ask that only one group enter the front desk area at a time to speak to a TAPS representative. 

  • We will offer appointments by phone, email, and video chat, and will make in-person appointments to clients when necessary.

  • Clients will be required to follow our safety protocols.




New and existing clients are encouraged to reach us in the following ways: 

By calling our main phone-line:  250-361-3521

Some of our projects may be emailed directly, but for tenancy related requests you must call the above number. Due to volume we are not able to accept new requests by email. 

For questions and help with an application for provincial disability benefits (PWD), email:


For questions and help with income security matters for those already on income assistance or PWD, email:


For questions or help with Employment Standards complaints, email:


For questions or help with our income tax filing program, email:


For all other general questions about our organization or to get in touch with administrative staff, email:



Volunteer at TAPS!

Volunteers are the backbone of our organization. We are always looking for compassionate, reliable people to help us do the work we do. 

Izzy Uhaul.jpg
Yuka and Emily - Housing is a Human Righ
bottom of page