top of page


Our tax project will be closed for the month of August 2023. The SCO at St. Vincent De Paul (833 Yates) continues to hold weekly drop-in clinics on Wednesdays from 9am-11am for help filing the previous 5 years. Thanks for your understanding and see you in September!

We are grateful to our TAPS tax volunteers who offer free income tax preparation for low-income individuals in the Greater Victoria area!


We are able to file taxes from 2013-2022.

For years 2013-2017, we require you to provide all of your T-slips.

For years 2018-2022, we are able to file without your T-slips

Please note:  Thursday in-person tax clinics are no longer occurring. The tax project now operates on a pick-up drop-off basis (no appointment needed.)

TAPS is a Tax AID DABC Program Partner, and a member of the CRA's Community Volunteer Income Tax Program. 

To get help with your taxes you will need to come by the TAPS office at 828 View Street in Victoria to pick up a tax package, which contains all the information needed for us to complete a tax filing. We are closed on Wednesdays, weekends and holidays, and every day for lunch from 12pm-1pm.


Please note that during the busiest part of the tax season (late February to early May), we may not to able to file all back taxes due to the volume of requests. 

Who can we help?

Canada Revenue Agency guidelines allow us to help clients who have a modest income and a simple tax return, defined as follows:

Modest income:

Total family income should be less than the amount shown below:


  • Family Size                                        Total Family Income

    • One Person                                       $35,000

    • One person w/ dependent        $45,000 (plus $2,500 for each additional dependent)

    • Couple                                                  $45,000 (plus $2,500 for each dependent)


In general, a tax return is considered simple if you have no income or if your income comes from these sources:

  • employment;

  • pension;

  • benefits such as CPP, disability, CCB, EI, social assistance;

  • RRSP;

  • support payments;

  • scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants; or

  • interest (under $1,000).

We cannot process your tax return if:

  • you are self-employed or have employment expenses;

  • you have business or rental income and expenses;

  • you have capital gains or losses;

  • you have filed for bankruptcy; or

  • you are completing a tax return for a deceased person.

How many years can I file?

Outside of the busy part of the tax season our tax volunteers can help you file returns for the last 10 years. Typically we are only able to file the last four years electronically, and all previous years must be mailed in to the CRA or dropped off at its offices in Victoria.

During the months of February, March, and April (the height of tax season), Tax Volunteers are only able to assist with the last four years of taxes, which can all be filed electronically.

What if I don't have my T4 slips?

You can contact the Canada Revenue Agency by phone or mail to have your T4s sent to you.


Phone:  1-800-959-8281

Mail:     Canada Revenue Agency Tax Centre

PO Box 14001 STN Main

Winnipeg MB, R3C 3M3.


If contacting CRA by mail, provide your address, DOB, and SIN, and request a copy of all T-slips for the years you have not filed a return to be sent to you.

If your sole source of income was social assistance through the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, you can get your missing income information by calling the Ministry T5007 information line at: 1-877-815-2363.  Wait for the option that says “taxes” and then tell the person which years you need to know your income for. 

bottom of page