Our Services

Income Assistance and Disability

Residential Tenancy

Employment Standards and Federal Emergency Benefits for Workers

Income Assistance Legal Advocates provide information and legal help regarding the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction. Commonly provided services include help with file reviews, reconsiderations of Ministry decisions, and appeals to the Employment and Assistance Appeal Tribunal (EAAT). We can also provide help with reconsiderations and appeals relating to federal disability matters (CPP-D). 

To contact our income assistance advocates give us a call on the TAPS main line or send us an email:  IA@tapsbc.ca

Residential Tenancy Legal Advocates provide information and legal help to tenants with regards to the Residential Tenancy Act. Topics commonly addressed include eviction notices, return of security deposits, lack of service and repairs, and help with hearings at the Residential Tenancy Branch.

To contact our tenancy legal advocates give us a call on the TAPS main  line or send us an email: tenancy@tapsbc.ca

The Employment Standards Legal Advocacy Project helps workers navigate the Employment Standards Act and all complaints under the Act. For the period of the COVID-19 crisis we are also helping with issues accessing the following federal emergency benefits: Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB), Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRBC), and Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB). 

To contact our employment standards legal advocates give us a call on the TAPS main line or send us an email: employment@tapsbc.ca

Applications for Persons With Disabilities (PWD)

The Volunteer  Disability Advocacy Project (VDAP) matches highly trained volunteers with individuals requiring assistance applying for provincial PWD benefits. Please note that this project is in high demand, and clients must first be on Income Assistance benefits and have obtained their PWD application booklet before we can add you to our waitlist. For more information or to be added to the waitlist give us a call on the TAPS main line or send us an email: vdap@tapsbc.ca


TAPS typically provides a free tax preparation clinic every Thursday from 9-12 and 1-4 on a first-come-first-served basis, however due to restrictions on gatherings during the COVID-19 crisis we are currently providing help with taxes by phone appointment only. 

To book an appointment for help with your taxes give us a call on the TAPS main line or send us an email: taxes@tapsbc.ca


Please Note, TAPS is not able to assist with the following: 

  • Applications for Income Assistance (we recommend you contact the Cool Aid REES Office)

  • Applications for CPP-Disability (we recommend you contact the Disability Resource Centre)

  • Clients who are looking for housing, or need help with applications to social/subsidized housing projects (we recommend you contact BC Housing directly if you are currently housed, or Pacifica's Downtown Outreach Services office if you are not currently housed)

Need help? Give us a call to book an appointment.


Monday - Friday

9 am - noon

1 pm - 4 pm


Closed on statutory holidays

Contact Us

828 View Street

Victoria, BC

V8W 1K2

Tel: 250-361-3521

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon

The TAPS office is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the lək̓ʷəŋən People known today as the Songhees and Esquimalt nations.

© 2018 TAPS