Client Safety Protocols
For the safety of all our staff and visitors, we are requiring all clients to adhere to our COVID safety protocols. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
What to expect if you come to the office without an appointment:
1. We ask that when possible to please call or email rather than come to the office. Coming to the office will not result in faster access to a legal advocate.
2. There are markers along the walkway outside to maintain 6 feet in between people waiting. Please maintain distance between other clients and staff.
3. The TAPS front desk is now located at the front door and has a plexiglass barrier. Anyone without an appointment will not be able to enter the office.
4. If you are hoping to make an appointment with an advocate, please note that appointments are available by phone, email, or video call. In-person appointments will only be offered in extreme circumstances.
What to expect if you come for an in-person appointment:
1. Please check in at the front desk upon your arrival. Please maintain 6 feet distance between other clients if there is a line.
2. When entering the office for an in-person appointment, we will require you to wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer and wear a mask at all times.
3. While in the office, you will be required to maintain distance between other clients and staff.
4. We ask that you please do not bring extra people or any pets to your appointment. If you have a service animal or are not able to come without the support of another person, please make arrangements with us ahead of time.
Please do not come to our office if:
1. You are experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms (even mild),
2. You have had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 10 days
3. Have been directed by the public health office, 811, or a doctor to self-isolate,
4. Have traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days, or
5. Have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.